Komen Michigan is committed to saving lives and reducing breast cancer mortality in Michigan. If women just use the resources that are available to them now, we can reduce breast cancer mortality by 30 percent right here in Michigan.
There are barriers that prevent women from getting screened and receiving treatment including financial, cultural and language barriers, transportation issues and a lack of knowledge. With the help of our patient-centered network of nonprofits and community support, we are overcoming these barriers through innovative education programs, screenings, diagnostics, transportation, survivor programs and cutting-edge research.
Learn more about our grant review process here.
The 2018-2019 Community Grant Application Window is now closed. Learn about our most recent award winners here.
The 2019-2020 Community Grant RFA is available here.
A webinar describing the RFA is available here.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the RFA distribution list and see details below on how to apply.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Michigan grant, your organization must be:
- A federally tax-exempt entity — nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe.
- Located within our service area.
- Be familiar with the Komen Michigan 2015 Community Profile. Applicants are also encouraged to explore the full State of Michigan Community Profile, which includes additional data for all Komen Michigan’s service area.
- All applicants are encouraged to watch the previously-recorded Grant Writing Workshops Webinar.
- All applicants are encouraged to attend the Request for Application Webinar, to be held on September 6, 2018.
- Must have an approved Letter of Intent (due September 18, 2018).
- All applications must be submitted through the Grants eManagement System(GeMS).
Letter of Intent Deadline
Application Deadline for Compliance Review
Contract Acceptance Deadline
2 p.m. EST September 6, 2018*
September 18, 2018*
September 26, 2018*
November 7, 2018*
Within 45 days of contract availability*
April 1, 2019- March 31, 2020
May 9, 2019*
*Please be advised that this schedule may be subject to change.
Small Grant Program
Our Small Grant Cycle is currently closed.
Please contact us at email@example.com to be added to the RFA distribution list.
Questions? Contact Mission Director, Sarah Hockin with any questions or call the Komen Michigan Office at 616.752.8262 x2016.