Komen Michigan is committed to saving lives and reducing breast cancer mortality in Michigan. If women just use the resources that are available to them now, we can reduce breast cancer mortality by 30 percent right here in Michigan.
There are barriers that prevent women from getting screened and receiving treatment including financial, cultural and language barriers, transportation issues and a lack of knowledge. With the help of our patient-centered network of nonprofits and community support, we are overcoming these barriers through innovative education programs, screenings, diagnostics, transportation, survivor programs, and cutting-edge research.
Learn more about our grant review process here.
Learn about our 2019-2020 Community Grant award winners here.
Applications for the 2020-2021 Community Grants are now being accepted.
Click here to view our most current Request for Application.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the RFA distribution list and see details below on how to apply.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Michigan grant, your organization must be:
- A federally tax-exempt entity — nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe.
- Located within our service area.
- Be familiar with the Komen Michigan 2015 Community Profile. Applicants are also encouraged to explore the full State of Michigan Community Profile, which includes additional data for all Komen Michigan’s service area.
- All applicants are encouraged to watch the previously-recorded Grant Writing Workshops Webinar.
- All applicants are encouraged to attend the Request for Application Workshop, held on October 31, 2019.
- All applications must be submitted through the Komen Grants Portal (replacing GeMS).
Contract Acceptance Deadline
October 31, 2019*
November 13, 2019*
Within 45 days of contract availability*
April 1, 2020- March 31, 2021
*Please be advised that this schedule may be subject to change.
Small Grant Program
Our Small Grant Cycle is currently closed.
Please contact us at email@example.com to be added to the RFA distribution list.
Questions? Contact Mission Director, Sarah Hockin with any questions or call the Komen Michigan Office at 616.752.8262 x2016.