The purpose of the Susan G. Komen Michigan Small Grant program is to provide small amounts of funding for programs that align with granting priorities and promote the mission of Susan G. Komen Michigan. Komen Michigan offers Small Grants to support educational programs (up to $5,000, usually $2,000) and pilot breast health programs (up to $10,000). All program funding applications must directly address the priorities identified in the Small Grant RFA and Contract, project plans should be detailed, and outcomes must be specific and measurable. Please see specific priorities and requirements in the RFA. For applications seeking funds greater than $10,000 or seeking to provide screening and treatment services, please refer to our Community Grant RFA.
Small grants are reviewed in June, August and January. Applications are approved and funded as funding is available. The first deadline for submission is May 15, 2017 by noon. The second submission deadline is July 15, 2017 by noon. The final deadline for submission is December 15, 2017 by noon. Submissions received after the first and second deadlines will be reviewed with the next submission group. Early submission is encouraged.
Please check back to this website or join our newsletter for updates, or contact Sarah Hockin to be added to the distribution list for Komen Michigan funding opportunities, email@example.com.
Small grant requests should comply with the following criteria:
- Specific to breast health/breast cancer
- Relevant to the mission of Susan G. Komen
- Funding request is less than $10,000
- Willingness to acknowledge support of the Komen Michigan Affiliate
- Report financials and project progress to Affiliate
- Allow participation of Affiliate representatives where appropriate
- Not for a fundraising activity
- Applicants must be a registered 501(c)3 organization
Small Grant Request for Applications
Please click here to view the Small Grant RFA and Contract.
Grant Cycle and Submission Deadlines
May 15, 2017 by noon
July 15, 2017 by noon
December 15, 2017 by noon
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Michigan Small Grant your organization must be:
- A federally tax-exempt entity; a nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian Tribe.
- Located in and providing services in one or more of the Komen Michigan 24 counties.
Paperless Grant Reporting
Komen Michigan has made the switch to a paperless grant reporting process. To access Komen’s Grant eManagement System (GeMS) go to https://affiliategrants.komen.org. The GeMS Applicant User Guide is available under Grant Resources.
Applicants should review the resources available here.
Questions? Contact Grants and Mission Program Manager Sarah Hockin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Komen Michigan Office at 616.752.8262 x2016.