Important Documents to Review
- Susan G. Komen Michigan 2015 Community Profile
- Susan G. Komen Michigan Executive Summary
- Complete Community Profile Report for State of Michigan
- Komen Michigan Grant Tracking Report
Komen Grant eManagement System (GeMS) Portal Link and User Guides
Susan G. Komen Michigan has made the switch to a paperless grant reporting process. The GeMS website can be found at https://affiliategrants.komen.org/.
- GeMS Applicant User Guide 1.0
- GeMS Applicant User Guide 2.0 (streamline updated version)
- Applicant Training Webinar
Susan G. Komen Michigan is now soliciting applications for funding through the 2017-2018 Komen Michigan Community Grants Request for Applications. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the RFA distribution list and see details below on how to apply.
Komen Michigan is committed to saving lives and reducing breast cancer mortality in Michigan. If women just use the resources that are available to them now, we can reduce breast cancer mortality by 30 percent right here in Michigan.
There are barriers that prevent women from getting screened and receiving treatment including financial, cultural and language barriers, transportation issues and a lack of knowledge. With the help of our patient-centered network of nonprofits and community support, we are overcoming these barriers through innovative education programs, screenings, diagnostics, transportation, survivor programs and cutting-edge research.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Community-Based Grant, your organization must be:
- A federally tax-exempt entity — nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe.
- Located in our Mid-Michigan, Southwest Michigan or West Michigan service area (service area information available under Eligibility Requirements on page 9 of the RFAs).
- All applicants must be familiar with the Komen Michigan 2015 Community Profile. Applicants are also encouraged to explore the full State of Michigan Community Profile, which includes additional data for all Komen Michigan’s service area.
- All applicants must watch the Grant Writing Workshops Webinar, available under the Resources for Current Grant Recipients page. Please contact Sarah Hockin, Mission Director, at email@example.com with any questions.
- All applications must be submitted through the Grants eManagement System (GeMS).
Click on the link to access GeMS: https://affiliategrants.komen.org.
Community Grant Request for Application (RFA)
- RFA (A) Mid-Michigan: Barry, Clinton, Eaton, Hillsdale, Ingham, Ionia, Jackson, Livingston, Shiawassee and Washtenaw
- RFA (B) Southwest Michigan: Allegan, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph and Van Buren
- RFA (C) West Michigan: Kent, Ottawa, Mecosta, Muskegon, Montcalm, and Newaygo
Request for Applications Released
Mandatory Grant Writing Workshop
Webinar Recording Available (here)
Application Available in GeMS
Application Initiation Deadline
Application Submission Deadline
Conditional Cure Period
Contract Acceptance Deadline
Within 30 days of contract availability, no later than March 24, 2017
April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018
Mandatory Applicant Training Webinar
Small Grant Program
Information about our Small Grants Program, which supports pilot programs and conference support, is available in the link to the left.
Contact Sarah Hockin, Mission Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The purpose of the Susan G. Komen Michigan Small Grant program is to provide small amounts of funding for programs that align with granting priorities and promote the mission of Susan G. Komen Michigan. Komen Michigan offers Small Grants to support educational programs (up to $5,000, usually $2,000) and pilot breast health programs (up to $10,000). All program funding applications must directly address the priorities identified in the Small Grant RFA and Contract, project plans should be detailed, and outcomes must be specific and measurable. Please see specific priorities and requirements in the RFA. For applications seeking funds greater than $10,000 or seeking to provide screening and treatment services, please refer to our Community Grant RFA.
Small grants are reviewed in June, August and January. Applications are approved and funded as funding is available. The first deadline for submission is May 15, 2017 by noon. The second submission deadline is July 15, 2017 by noon. The final deadline for submission is December 15, 2017 by noon. Submissions received after the first and second deadlines will be reviewed with the next submission group. Early submission is encouraged.
Please check back to this website or join our newsletter for updates, or contact Sarah Hockin to be added to the distribution list for Komen Michigan funding opportunities, email@example.com.
Small grant requests should comply with the following criteria:
- Specific to breast health/breast cancer
- Relevant to the mission of Susan G. Komen
- Funding request is less than $10,000
- Willingness to acknowledge support of the Komen Michigan Affiliate
- Report financials and project progress to Affiliate
- Allow participation of Affiliate representatives where appropriate
- Not for a fundraising activity
- Applicants must be a registered 501(c)3 organization
Small Grant Request for Applications
Grant Cycle and Submission Deadlines
May 15, 2017 by noon
July 15, 2017 by noon
December 15, 2017 by noon
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Michigan Small Grant your organization must be:
- A federally tax-exempt entity; a nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian Tribe.
- Located in and providing services in one or more of the Komen Michigan 24 counties.
Paperless Grant Reporting
Komen Michigan has made the switch to a paperless grant reporting process. To access Komen’s Grant eManagement System (GeMS) go to https://affiliategrants.komen.org. The GeMS Applicant User Guide is available under Grant Resources.
Applicants should review the resources available here.
Questions? Contact Grants and Mission Program Manager Sarah Hockin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Komen Michigan Office at 616.752.8262 x2016.