Komen Michigan offers grants for innovative programs that meet our funding priorities and that reduce breast cancer mortality, especially among those who are disproportionately affected by this disease. The majority of the organization’s net proceeds go towards community grants to community organizations that provide breast health education, screenings, diagnostics and survivorship programs for under-served men and women in Michigan. A percentage funds global, leading-edge research focused on the prevention of, and cures for, breast cancer.
Each year our Community Grant Applications are reviewed by dedicated community members on our Grant Review Committee. For more information on the Grant Review Committee, please contact Sarah Hockin at email@example.com.
The following resources are helpful for our grant reviewers:
- All application review and scoring is done through the Grants eManagement System (GeMS). Click on the link to access GeMS: https://affiliategrants.komen.org. Bookmark the page for easy reference.
- The review process is laid out in the Reviewer Manual. Note, to finalize a review, simply type the word “complete” in the last blank on the review page and hit save.
- Reviewers should review and be familiar with the Komen Michigan 2015 Community Profile. Although reviewers do not need to read the full report, some applications may refer to data in the full State of Michigan Community Profile, which includes additional data for all Komen Michigan’s service area.
- All reviewers must attend or watch the Reviewer Training Webinar (below).
- Please contact Sarah Hockin, Mission Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Community Grant Request for Application (RFA)
- RFA (A) Mid-Michigan: Barry, Clinton, Eaton, Hillsdale, Ingham, Ionia, Jackson, Livingston, Shiawassee and Washtenaw
- RFA (B) Southwest Michigan: Allegan, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph and Van Buren
- RFA (C) West Michigan: Kent, Ottawa, Mecosta, Muskegon, Montcalm, and Newaygo
Grant Review Committee Application Deadline
Grant Review Committee Reviewer Training Webinar
Grant Review Committee Review Deadline
Grant Review Committee Meeting
Grant Review Committee Alternate Meeting
Reviewer Training Webinar
Each year, the majority of Komen Michigan’s revenue is invested in our community through Komen Michigan’s Community Grants. Organizations apply for funding for breast health projects as outlined in the service-area-specific Requests for Applications. Independent community members volunteer to review and score applications to ensure funding has the greatest impact. Being a Komen Grant Reviewer is an excellent way to learn more about Komen programs and help us further our mission to end breast cancer.