Komen Michigan is committed to saving lives and reducing breast cancer mortality in Michigan. If women just use the resources that are available to them now, we can reduce breast cancer mortality by 30 percent right here in Michigan.
There are barriers that prevent women from getting screened and receiving treatment including financial, cultural and language barriers, transportation issues and a lack of knowledge. With the help of our patient-centered network of nonprofits and community support, we are overcoming these barriers through innovative education programs, screenings, diagnostics, transportation, survivor programs and cutting-edge research.
Learn more about our grant review process here.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Michigan grant, your organization must be:
- A federally tax-exempt entity — nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe.
- Located within our service area.
- All applicants must be familiar with the Komen Michigan 2015 Community Profile. Applicants are also encouraged to explore the full State of Michigan Community Profile, which includes additional data for all Komen Michigan’s service area.
- All applicants are encouraged watch the Grant Writing Workshops Webinar.
- All applications must be submitted through the Grants eManagement System(GeMS).
Community Grant Request for Application (RFA)
Susan G. Komen Michigan is not currently accepting applications for Komen Michigan Community Grants Request for Applications.
Please contact us at email@example.com to be added to the RFA distribution list and see details below on how to apply.
Grant Writing Workshop Webinar
Application Available in GeMS
Application Submission Deadline
Compliance Review Period
Application Modification Deadline
Contract Acceptance Deadline
10 a.m. EST September 1, 2017*
September 11, 2017*
5 p.m. EST October 9, 2017
October 9- October 16, 2017
As requested, 5:00 p.m. EST October 30, 2017
Within 45 days of contract availability*
April 1, 2018- March 31, 2019
As needed, May 2018*
*Please be advised that this schedule may be subject to change.
Small Grant Program
Provides small amounts of funding for programs that align with granting priorities and promote the mission of Komen Michigan. We offer Small Grants to support:
- Educational programs (up to $5,000, usually $2,000)
- Survivorship programs (up to $10,000)
- Pilot breast health programs (up to $10,000).
Please see specific priorities and requirements in the RFA. For applications seeking funds greater than $10,000 or seeking to provide screening and treatment services, please refer to our Community Grant RFA.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the RFA distribution list.
Small Grant Request for Applications
Grant Cycle and Submission Deadlines
- May 15, 2017 by Noon
- July 15, 2017 by Noon
- December 15, 2017 by Noon
Questions? Contact Grants and Mission Director, Sarah Hockin with any questions or call the Komen Michigan Office at 616.752.8262 x2016.