Susan G. Komen Michigan is now soliciting applications for funding through the 2017-2018 Komen Michigan Community Grants Request for Applications. Please contact us at email@example.com to be added to the RFA distribution list and see details below on how to apply.
Komen Michigan is committed to saving lives and reducing breast cancer mortality in Michigan. If women just use the resources that are available to them now, we can reduce breast cancer mortality by 30 percent right here in Michigan.
There are barriers that prevent women from getting screened and receiving treatment including financial, cultural and language barriers, transportation issues and a lack of knowledge. With the help of our patient-centered network of nonprofits and community support, we are overcoming these barriers through innovative education programs, screenings, diagnostics, transportation, survivor programs and cutting-edge research.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Community-Based Grant, your organization must be:
- A federally tax-exempt entity — nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe.
- Located in our Mid-Michigan, Southwest Michigan or West Michigan service area (service area information available under Eligibility Requirements on page 9 of the RFAs).
- All applicants must be familiar with the Komen Michigan 2015 Community Profile. Applicants are also encouraged to explore the full State of Michigan Community Profile, which includes additional data for all Komen Michigan’s service area.
- All applicants must watch the Grant Writing Workshops Webinar, available under the Resources for Current Grant Recipients page. Please contact Sarah Hockin, Mission Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- All applications must be submitted through the Grants eManagement System (GeMS).
Click on the link to access GeMS: https://affiliategrants.komen.org.
Community Grant Request for Application (RFA)
- RFA (A) Mid-Michigan: Barry, Clinton, Eaton, Hillsdale, Ingham, Ionia, Jackson, Livingston, Shiawassee and Washtenaw
- RFA (B) Southwest Michigan: Allegan, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph and Van Buren
- RFA (C) West Michigan: Kent, Ottawa, Mecosta, Muskegon, Montcalm, and Newaygo
Request for Applications Released
Mandatory Grant Writing Workshop
Webinar Recording Available (here)
Application Available in GeMS
Application Initiation Deadline
Application Submission Deadline
Conditional Cure Period
Contract Acceptance Deadline
August 16, 2016
August 31, 2016 | 10:00 – 11:00am EST
To join: https://join.me/SGKMichigan
If you prefer to call in for audio while you watch the webinar, call 734.746.0035, or watch the recording available below on 9/2/16.
About September 3, 2016
About September 12, 2016
October 14, 2016 | 5:00pm EST
October 21, 2016 | 5:00pm EST
As needed, by November 1, 2016
Within 30 days of contract availability, no later than March 24, 2017
April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018
Mandatory Applicant Training Webinar
Small Grant Program
Information about our Small Grants Program, which supports pilot programs and conference support, is available in the link to the left.
Contact Sarah Hockin, Mission Director, at email@example.com with any questions.